Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Brew Day

11-5-11 – Brew Day


2oz of hops

Today was a perfect fall day to be outside brewing some beer, or cider if you’re McClure.  It was crisp and cool outside, a great day to drink a few tasty beers, watch some football and make some beer.  Lately I haven’t had the motivation to brew, since it takes about 7 hours start to finish to do an all grain brew.  Maybe I’m slow or more likely I’m just overly meticulous.  So today I changed my mentality and just made some beer for the fun of it.  I went to the home brewer with no plan and picked up some ingredients to make a dark IPA.  We had a pile of hops from Brian and Sparky, so what better than an IPA.  I think we had some Zeus, Cascade and something else.  Either way they all smelled good.  You’d be amazed how many hops it takes to make a couple of ounces.  I was a good day, smelling the turkey in the smoker and the beer brewing.  Good times.


Brewing with Brian, Brian & Scout dog


No comments:

Post a Comment