Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Puppy Shots

12-10-11 Bucerias, MX

According to Elizabeth, I received my second round of puppy shots today.  Really Hepatitis B, but apparently she feels like she's taking care of a puppy sometimes when it comes to me and following up on doctor stuff.  Not that I have any fear of doctors or the like, I just have the philosophy that if it ain't broken why fix it?  That and the endless insurance runaround that occurs every time you go, (thankfully I don't really have any insurance at this time so it's a lot easier) the waiting around, the fact that there's always something more wrong with you than you thought and of course the ridiculous cost.  So I just avoid them altogether.  Apparently, Elizabeth believes; as I do as well; that these vaccines are important.  It is just very easy to let the follow up appointment slip by for the reasons above and because we are quite busy having fun.
No question where this one is going

We caught a little bus/minivan to the make the trip.  Thankfully, all of the buses around here have the names of the prominent destinations printed on their windshields making it easier to figure out what bus to take.  None of this "blue line, or green line" business, they just say where they are going right on the windshield.  The bus dropped us off right across the street from the vet where we were promptly helped by a nice doctor.  He was from Guadalajara, had gone to school in Mexico City but found a girl in Bucerias.  So like many people he now lives in Bucerias. 


Poor guy waiting at the vet
Looks legitimate right?



It will be ok
After a few standard doctor type questions he went next door to the pharmacy to get the dose of Hepatitis B vaccine (that incidentally they had ordered and delivered just for me).  My blood pressure and heart rate are good.  Looks like not working is actually good for my health.  A few minutes latter he had given me the shot and sent me on my way.  Elizabeth got a lollipop for the effort but I didn't.  Not exactly sure how that worked out?  Thanks to Elizabeth's persistence I am now 2/3 immunized.  One more round of puppy shots sometime in the future.


To reward ourselves for a job well done we went to a restaurant affectionately know as Mariscos $109.  Where they serve you an incredibly large plate of fish or shrimp with cup of shrimp soup, tostadas and pico, a glass of kahlua and plantains with icing for desert, and the best part, all you can drink tequila is included; for you guessed it $109 pesos.  (FYI $109 pesos is about $8 US Dollars)  So maybe not working isn't so good for my health.

Elizabeth, Me and Sue at Mariscos $109

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself, or at least Elizabeth is watching out for you.

    I have heard similar stories from other folks recounting trips to the doctor and wives being caregivers ..... but they are all retired and over 70 ..... but then you are retired just not over 70.

    Seriously, I am happy to hear that all is going well, and the adventure is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete